Come work with us
Job openings at YFU
Work in an intercultural, collaborative and friendly environment within a small organization where the distance between idea to implementation is short. Seize the opportunity to contribute to a mission-driven organization serving a good cause.
Finance and Administration Coordinator
Youth For Understanding (YFU) advances intercultural understanding, life-long learning, globalcompetences, mutual respect, and social responsibility through transformational educationalexchanges for generations of youth, families, and communities, supported by dedicated volunteers andprofessional staff.YFU is a volunteer-based global non-profit community driven by the passion of people, consisting of55+ member organizations across six continents. As a leader in intercultural exchange and educationalprograms for more than 60 years, YFU has impacted more than 270.000 students – and their hostfamilies, schools and networks – and more than 70.000 volunteers.Our new global strategy sets the direction to operate as one global organization, and our Global Officeis the global structure that works to enable the YFU membership worldwide to achieve our mission byproviding leadership, critical services and opportunities to grow and thrive as (a) sustainable andquality organization(s).To support its Global Office in managing, restructuring and administratingfinances and operations, we are recruiting a Finance and Administration Coordinator.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A Belgian fulltime permanent contract
- A competitive salary and a comprehensive employee benefits package
- An attractive level of autonomy and responsibility in an intercultural, collaborative and energetic working environment
- Work in a small organization with a diverse and committed team to deliver impact
- The opportunity to contribute to a mission-driven organization with global operation
CANDIDATE PROFILE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Baccalaureate in Finance and Accounting, CPA or relevant field or Master’s degree in Business Administration;
- At least 3 years of professional accounting and administrative experience; respective experience in the Belgian system is an advantage;
- Start-up mentality, capability and drive to implement change and solve challenges, with an eye for detail;
- Knowledge of accounting principles for Non-Profit organizations;
- Proven experience in organizing resources and establishing priorities and working with virtual, culturally diverse and multi-disciplinary teams;
- Experience in improving and implementing finance and accounting policies, procedures and systems;
- Detail-oriented and efficient organizational, project and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, and fluency in French or Dutch for collaborating with Belgian authorities is a requirement.
- Occasional travel