EEE-YFU is an international non-profit organisation under Belgian law (AISBL) and the umbrella organisation of Youth For Understanding (YFU) in Europe. EEE-YFU supports its 28 European Member Organisations to have a strong impact in youth exchanges and intercultural education and be a visible and growing community.
Through Educational Activities, Training & Capacity Building, Advocacy and Partnerships, EEE-YFU empowers its Member Organisations to develop and retain strong networks of impactful youth workers, influences policy relevant for the mission of YFU, positions YFU as an expert and partner in intercultural learning, and develops and implements relevant and innovative responses to the challenges of an evolving society.
Our Purpose & Mission
The purpose of EEE-YFU, as stated in its bylaws, is to advance and support in Europe the mission of Youth For Understanding (YFU), which is to advance intercultural understanding, life-long learning, global competencies, mutual respect and social responsibility through transformational educational exchanges for generations of youth, families and communities, supported by dedicated volunteers and professional staff. For this purpose, EEE-YFU aims to serve as an instrument for cooperation among its European Member Organizations by:
- providing services to and support for its members;
- providing training and opportunities for development to the various stakeholders of YFU organisations, including students, volunteers, staff and other participants;
- enhancing the public visibility of YFU in Europe and within European institutions and organisations;
- advocating for positive change in government legislation, policy and programmes in order to remove obstacles and ensure a favourable environment for YFU’s work;
- building partnerships to leverage synergies and broaden the impact; and
- raising awareness and funds to facilitate fulfilling its purpose and carrying out its activities.
Our strategic aims
As the mission of YFU remains relevant and even becomes increasingly important in nowadays societies, EEE-YFU seeks to actively contribute to fulfilling this mission and to support its members in making an impact in the world. Four long-term aims specify this ambition and describe the desired impact EEE-YFU would like to have on its Member Organizations. Member Organisations are central to EEE-YFU’s approach and all actions seek to support achieving these four long-term aims. Educational Activities, Capacity Building & Trainings, Advocacy and Partnerships will be the main tools used.
During the period from 2018 to 2020, EEE-YFU will focus on:
- supporting member organisations to develop and retain strong networks of impactful youth workers,
- influencing policy relevant for the mission of YFU,
- positioning YFU as an expert and partner in intercultural learning, and
- developing and implementing relevant and innovative responses to the challenges of an evolving society.