Global Office Internship (ESC) - Advocacy and Communication
Global Office (Brussels)
Youth For Understanding is looking for 1 dedicated European Solidarity Corps volunteer to join us in the Global Office in Brussels for 1 year!
The volunteer in this project will have the chance to enhance their advocacy and communication skills, working together with the Advocacy Coordinator in creating the future Public Affairs portfolio of YFU. In addition, they will have the opportunity to learn about long-term Intercultural Exchanges worldwide, by participating in some operations involved in the organisation of such experiences. Lastly, you will support the office to promote its biggest international event, the Youth Empowerment Seminar to YFU students in exchange in Europe in the 2021-2022 program year.
This experience will offer the selected volunteers the chance to get an insight into how a Global NGO operates. They will have the opportunity to work with very different departments of the organisation, expanding their knowledge of different fields, according to their professional interests.
Starting date: Preferably, you should be relocating to Brussels and ready to start on the 15th October 2021, but this is negotiable. Applications will be processed on a rolling basis, therefore we encourage you to apply as fast as possible.
Tasks of the volunteer
Support the Communication work of the Global Office
- Support with increasing the visibility of the GOs’ activities (social media posts, newsletters etc.)
- Support creating high-quality content for YFU’s website and social media accounts
- Support in implementing the Branding of YFU worldwide
- Support in producing visual material (here you will have the chance to develop your skills in programs like Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Premier and Photoshop)
Support Advocacy and Fundraising activities
- Support in current and future advocacy campaigns and initiatives (Pupil Mobility in Erasmus+, Recognise Study Periods Abroad)
- Support in the research for potential donors for the organization
- Support in raising funds for YFU’s activities (project application, donors etc)
Support the Communication and Marketing work for the Youth Empowerment Seminar (YES) - biggest YFU event in the world!
- Support in promoting the YES Seminar to YFU students on exchange in Europe
- Support promoting the volunteer positions at the YES
- Support with putting together narrative and financial grant reports, according to the funders/organizations’ needs for this event;
- Support with communication with volunteers, participants and Member Organisations regarding sign-ups, logistics etc.
Preferred skills and knowledge
- High level of English (important for content creation)
- Experience with social media management (LinkedIn is a plus)
- Experience with video editing
- Previous knowledge of the European Education Area, the Erasmus+ programme, Pupil Mobility Field is a plus
- Previous knowledge on global and transversal competencies and how they are embedded in European policy is a plus
The intern will be expected to work (mostly on-site in the office) on a full-time basis, according to the Belgian law 38h/week.
EEE-YFU will provide a monthly allowance of 922 euro, which will enable you to secure accommodation and subsistence during your stay in Brussels. We will support you with helpful indications, but it will be your responsibility to secure these during your internship.
Travel to and from Brussels for relocation will be covered by the program. All travels and subsistence during assigned events will be fully covered.
The internship will last for 12 months.
YFU advances intercultural understanding, life-long learning, global competencies, mutual respect, and social responsibility through transformational educational exchanges for generations of youth, families, and communities, supported by dedicated volunteers and professional staff.
European Educational Exchanges - Youth for Understanding (EEE-YFU) is an international non-profit organisation under Belgian law (AISBL) and the umbrella organisation of Youth For Understanding (YFU) in Europe. EEE-YFU supports its 28 European Member Organisations to have a strong impact in youth exchanges and intercultural education and be a visible and growing community.
Through Educational Activities, Training & Capacity Building, Advocacy and Partnerships, EEE-YFU empowers its Member Organisations to develop and retain strong networks of impactful youth workers, influences policy relevant for the mission of YFU, positions YFU as an expert and partner in intercultural learning, and develops and implements relevant and innovative responses to the challenges of an evolving society.
YFU’s Global Office, composed of the legal entities EEE-YFU and Youth For Understanding International Educational Services (YFU IES), is the global structure that works to enable the YFU membership worldwide to achieve our mission by providing leadership, critical services and opportunities to grow and thrive as (a) sustainable and quality organization(s).
About our activities
YFU’s core activity focuses on long-term intercultural youth exchanges. We operate in over 55 countries around the world. You can find out more by visiting our website!
YFU’s flagship event is the YES! (Young European’s Seminar) which takes place every year at the end of June and gathers 400 exchange students and over 100 volunteers from all over the world. This event is exclusively organized by volunteers, and it aims to transform young people into active and engaged Global Citizens through inspiring educational content. To find out more visit http://yfu-yes.org/.
YFU contributes to the development of youth work and civil society by organising trainings on a variety of topics: facilitation, advocacy, leadership, project management etc. To check out past trainings, go here!
If you think you’ve got what it takes to support with these tasks and look forward get a comprehensive learning experience in an NGO in Brussels, send us your CV and Motivation letter at firstname.lastname@example.org , putting APPLICATION_ESC_ADVOCACY&COMMS in the Subject.