Global Office Internship (ESC) - Quality Management Support
YFU Global Office (Brussels)
Youth For Understanding is looking for 1 dedicated European Solidarity Corps volunteer to join us in the Global Office in Brussels for 1 year!
The volunteer in this project will have the chance to enhance their organisational skills by supporting the implementation and operationalisation of our Quality Management System as well as assisting our Business Intelligence efforts to learn about long-term Intercultural Exchanges worldwide, by researching and understanding the multiple operations related to the organisation and monitoring of such experiences.
This experience will offer the selected volunteer the chance to get an insight into how a Global NGO operates and more specifically, into YFU’s Quality Management System and processes, from its operationalization to collecting and processing data from different assessments and indicators. A selected volunteer will have the opportunity to work also with other departments of the organisation, if deemed necessary, expanding their knowledge of different fields according to their professional interests.
Starting date: Starting date: Preferably, you should be relocating to Brussels and ready to start during the month of February 2023, but this is negotiable. Applications will be processed on a rolling basis, therefore we encourage you to apply as fast as possible.
The deadline for sending your application is 30th of November.
Tasks of the volunteer
Support the operationalisation of YFU’s Quality Management System and its components
- Support in the implementation and operationalisation of YFU’s Quality Management General Approach
- Assist with communications and instructions to Member Organisations regarding QMS processes, instruments and tools (e.g. partner-assessments; audit review and compliance catalogue; participant surveys)
- Assist with the smooth delivery of audits, focus groups and satisfaction assessments
- Support with the follow-up of audit reviews, partner-assessments, participants evaluations including helping out with reporting outputs (e.g. emerging findings, needs for improvements, non-compliance, recommendations, recertification etc.)
- Support with building and enhancing performance indicators and data processing
- Support the development of monitoring tools through helping writing tutorials and instructions
- Support monitoring progress and quality standards from Member Organizations through different internal systems
- Explore how YFU can make programmes’ activities more environmentally friendly and inclusive
- Support reporting to the Global Governance and Membership of YFU
Support YFU’s Business Intelligence portfolio
- Support with gathering data
- Support with researching for market trends
The intern will be expected to be in the office on a full-time basis, 38h/week according to the Belgian law.
EEE-YFU will provide a monthly allowance of 900 euro + full medical insurance, which will enable you to secure accommodation and subsistence during your stay in Brussels. We will support you with helpful indications, but it will be your responsibility to secure these during your internship.
Travel to and from Brussels for relocation will be covered by the program. All travels and subsistence during assigned events will be fully covered.
The internship will last for 12 months.
- Between 18 and 30 years old National of one of the EU countries + Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein
YFU advances intercultural understanding, life-long learning, global competencies, mutual respect, and social responsibility through transformational educational exchanges for generations of youth, families, and communities, supported by dedicated volunteers and professional staff.
European Educational Exchanges - Youth for Understanding (EEE-YFU) is an international non-profit organisation under Belgian law (AISBL) and the umbrella organisation of Youth For Understanding (YFU) in Europe. EEE-YFU supports its 28 European Member Organisations to have a strong impact in youth exchanges and intercultural education and be a visible and growing community.
Through Educational Activities, Training & Capacity Building, Advocacy and Partnerships, EEE-YFU empowers its Member Organisations to develop and retain strong networks of impactful youth workers, influences policy relevant for the mission of YFU, positions YFU as an expert and partner in intercultural learning, and develops and implements relevant and innovative responses to the challenges of an evolving society.
YFU’s Global Office, composed of the legal entities EEE-YFU and Youth For Understanding International Educational Services (YFU IES), is the global structure that works to enable the YFU membership worldwide to achieve our mission by providing leadership, critical services and opportunities to grow and thrive as (a) sustainable and quality organization(s).
About our activities
YFU’s core activity focuses on long-term intercultural youth exchanges. We operate in over 55 countries around the world. You can find out more by visiting our website!
YFU contributes to the development of youth work and civil society by organising trainings on a variety of topics: facilitation, advocacy, leadership, project management etc. To check out past trainings, go here!
If you think you’ve got what it takes to support with these tasks and look forward to get a comprehensive learning experience in an NGO in Brussels, send us your CV and Motivation letter at email@example.com, putting APPLICATION_ESC_QUALITY MANAGEMENT SUPPORT in the Subject.